Exporting contacts from Microsoft Outlook 2007 helps you to take a backup of the email addresses stored in the address book of MS Outlook 2007. Backing up contacts from the address book of Outlook 2007 is helpful when the Outlook .pst file is corrupted and you lost all of the contacts stored in that pst file. Outlook enables you to export contacts at a destined location that can be your computer system, pen drive, or any other external storage media. You can export contacts in following file types:
- Comma Separated Values (DOS)
- Comma Separated Values (Windows)
- Microsoft Access 97-2003
- Microsoft Excel 97-2003
- Personal Folder File (.pst)
- Tab separated values (DOS)
- Tab separated values (Windows)
This article puts a light on the process of exporting or you can say the process of saving contacts in.csv file on Windows XP operating system. The contacts saved in.csv file can be easily imported into any email client like Outlook, Outlook Express 2007, Windows mail, etc. Following steps enable you to export Outlook contacts in the easiest way:
- Select Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The MS Outlook starts.
- Select the Import and Export option in the File menu. The Import and Export wizard appears.
- Select the Export to a file option and click the Next button. The Export to a File dialog box appears.
- Select a file type to export contacts. You can select from one of the following files:
- Select a file type and click the Next button. Here, I am selecting the Comma Separated Values (Windows) option as file type. The Select folder to export from page appears.
- Select the Contacts folder and click the Next button. The Save exported file as page appears.
- Click the Browse button to select a location to save the file. The Browse dialog box appears.
- Select the location and then type a name for the file.
- After typing the name and selecting the destined location, click the OK button.
- Click the Next button. The following actions will be performed page opens up.
- Click the Map Custom Fields button to select the contact fields that you want to save in the.csv file.
- After selecting the fields, click the OK button.
- Click the Finish button.
The software starts saving contacts to the destined location. In this way, you can export contacts from Outlook 2007. Contacts saved in the.csv file can be easily imported in any version of MS Outlook whenever required.