While installing or repairing "On Demand" features in Microsoft Office suite, error 193 0xc1 may occur in Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. It may also occur while installing Microsoft.NET Framework or starting related services on your computer. In this article you will find steps which are helpful to fix this problem at ease.
First of all, let us understand the actual causes behind error 193 0xc1 in Windows 7, Vista and XP. The factors responsible for this error are as under:
1. Corrupted Ose.exe File
2. Wrong registry settings
3. Corruption in program files
4. Lack of Free Disk Space
5. Problems with Computer Services
Corrupted Ose.exe File
Error 193 0xc1 may appear if the file 'ose.exe' is not present in the installation directory or it has become corrupted. Replacing this file may solve the problem.
1. Insert Microsoft Office installation disc.
2. Open My Computer, open CD / DVD Drive location.
3. Double click to open the following directory:
4. Select the file Ose.exe and click Edit | Copy.
5. Click Back and open the following directory:
C: Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine
6. Click Edit | Paste.
Wrong Settings of Registry
Microsoft Office stores installation related configurations in your system's registry. If some of these registry settings are corrupted, it may result in error 193 0xc1 in Windows 7, Vista and XP.
1. Download a Registry Cleaner software.
2. Install and run the downloaded program on your computer.
Corruption in Program Files
For running the instances of Microsoft Office suite, the installation files must be unmodified. Corrupted installation files often lead to Windows error 193 0xc1.
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
3. Select Microsoft Office from the list of installed programs and click Uninstall button.
4. Select Repair the installation, click Next button.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
Lack of Free Disk Space
Lack of free disk space for Microsoft performing Office setup operations can result in error 193 0xc1. Using System Cleaner application, clean the disk space to solve your problem. Otherwise use the Disk CleanUp tool by doing the steps provided below:
1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
2. Select the system drive and press OK.
3. Follow the instructions on your screen.
Problems with Services
You also need to fix computer services to get rid of the error in question. The steps required are as under:
1. Click Start, type Services.msc and press ENTER.
2. Right click and select Properties for the following two services:
AudioEndpointBuilder, Multimedia Class Scheduler
3. Under General tab, note down the Path to Executable.
4. Click OK when done.
5. Now, click Start, type RegEdit and press ENTER.
6. Locate the following registry location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services
7. First, click MMCSS key and double click the ImagePath string. Replace the value with the Path to Executable that you just noted down in the Step 3.
8. Do the same for AudioEndPointBuilder. Click it, double click the ImagePath string and replace the value with the Path to Executable you have noted down.
9. Close Registry Editor.