Microsoft Excel is known as the most popular information management tool in the world. It is developed by Microsoft Corporation. It provides users a smart grid interface to organize and manage a large amount of data and information with ease. Excel stores all your data in a document, which is called a workbook.
Many professionals use MS Excel spreadsheets for keeping a record of their highly crucial and confidential data in a tabular form. In times past, people used Excel workbook to store their contact information. The idea of saving contacts in Excel files was quite reliable as all the data and information were stored in an organized way. Due to a change in the way of communication, people have become more serious for their contact information. As storing contacts in Excel files has become an old trend, the vCard is now becoming a popular file format among computer users.
The vCard file format is commonly used for storing contacts and transferring business card data. It is highly popular among computer users, and it is widely supported by many devices, programs and platforms. For a flexible communication, wider contacts accessibility is really very important. This is the reason why users need to convert their Excel files’ contacts into vCard format.
There is an easy and simple manual trick that can import all the contacts from Excel files into vCard files. The trick requires no third-party tool during the manual operation. Just follow the steps given below:
Perform Excel to CSV Conversion
- Open the Excel (XLS or XLSX) file on your system.
- Click on Office button > Save As > Other Formats. You may also press F12 for instant action.
- Define a location for saving this new file. Also, give a name to it. Now click on the drop down arrow just near Save as type option.
- Select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) and click on Save button.
- Click OK to save only the active sheet.
- Click Yes to keep the workbook in CSV format.
The selected Excel file has been successfully converted into CSV format at the defined location.
Import Contacts from CSV File
- Click Start on the taskbar > type Contacts on search box. Results will be displayed. Click Contact under programs list.
- The Contacts window will be launched. Click on Import tab.
- The Import to Windows Contacts window will pop up. You need to select CSV (Comma Separated Values) and then click Import button.
- Click Browse button to locate the FileName.csv file.
- Browse the location of the file and select it. Confirm your selection by clicking Open.
- Your FileName.csv file will be listed in the edit box. To continue the process, click Next.
- In this step, you need to map the fields which you want to import, i.e. Text field as well as Contacts field.
- Once the mapping is done, click Finish button.
All the contacts from the CSV file have been imported successfully to your system.
Export Contacts to VCF File
- In the Contacts window, select all the contacts which you want to export to vCard.
- Now click Export tab on the top.
- The Exports Windows Contacts window will pop up. You need to select vCards (folder of.vcf files) and click Export button.
- You need to define a location at which you want to save the vCard files. You can save the vCard files into a new folder at any location. Once the location has been defined, click on OK.
- In a split of a second, the contacts will be successfully exported to vCard format.
The above manual trick is considered an easy, safe and effective way to import the contacts from Excel files to vCard format. But sometimes, it becomes a time-consuming task if you have numerous contacts in your Excel files. You can try an advanced converter tool that can quickly convert your Excel files’ contacts into the vCard format with ease.