Apple has released the first iOS 10.2 beta for iPhone and iPad to registered developers. The update follows the public release of iOS 10.1.1 earlier today for all users. We’ll update with details about what’s included shortly. Apple has also released several other betas for developers to test including watchOS 3.1.1, tvOS 10.1, and macOS 10.12.2.
The update is available over-the-air for developers already using the developer certificate. Otherwise checkout the Dev Center to access the update.
Today’s new betas follow a rather busy release cycle:
- Everything new in iOS 10: New ways to communicate in Messages, Lock Screen Widgets, redesigned Music, Siri apps and much more
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 with Portrait Mode for iPhone 7 Plus, fixes and improvements for all other devices
- Apple releases iOS 10.1.1 for iPhone and iPad, fixes bug with missing Health data
- Everything new in watchOS 3: a major speed boost, new faces and apps, much more
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 to the public with bug fixes, update through iPhone Watch app
- Everything new in tvOS 10: Smarter Siri, dark mode, HomeKit, more
- tvOS 10.0.1 software update for Apple TV is now available for everyone
- macOS Sierra software update for Mac rolling out now, here’s everything new
- macOS 10.12.1 software update is now available through the Mac App Store
Updating to tvOS 10.1 beta on Apple TV appears to not include any signs of the upcoming TV app or Single Sing-On which are both set to debut in December. There’s also no sign of either feature on iOS 10.2 beta. The framework appears to be in place however.
- Three new wallpapers in iOS 10.2 beta
- New widget for Videos app
- New Preserve Camera setting
- New emoji (looks like Unicode 9.0 update/likely on macOS 10.12.2, watchOS 3.1.1)
- New ‘Press and Hold to Speak’ menu under Home Button Accessibility settings
- New ‘Celebration’ Messages screen effect
- New ‘Show Star Ratings’ option under Music Settings
- New headphone icon in status bar for Bluetooth audio devices (previously seen with the Beats Solo3)