Have you just bought your iPod Touch from the Apple store? Do you want to preserve its function, elegance, and style? Then you have to take extra care in handling your iPod Touch and make sure to observe proper safety measures so it would last a long, long time.
Below are some safety measures for your iPod Touch that you may want to keep in mind so you can save trips to the Apple care center and avoid unnecessary repairs:
1. Right after purchasing an iPod Touch from the Apple store or any authorized resellers, immediately buy a screen protector and a silicone or leather case for it. Make sure that these protectors fit snugly on your iPod Touch to offer maximum protection.
2. Avoid dropping your iPod touch, especially to hard surfaces like the floor or the ground. To avoid this, never put your iPod on the side pocket of your pants or on your lap that might cause its fall when you stand up.
3. Never put your iPod at the back pocket of your pants as you may accidentally sit on it and cause breakage of the screen. Similarly, avoid leaving it on the couch or chair where somebody might sit on.
4. Drain the battery of your iPod Touch at least once a month. This would maximize its battery life. Moreover, make sure not to overcharge it as this might reduce its performance.
5. To save battery life, especially when you are using your IPod touch in a place where you can’t easily charge its battery, turn off the Wi-fi connection and Bluetooth setting when not it use.
6. Store your iPod Touch in a room under normal temperature. Extreme coldness or hotness may damage the functions of your gadget. Similarly, do not expose your iPod into water, fire, ice, and the likes.
7. When using or plugging accessories to your iPod Touch, such as speakers or headphones, make sure they are compatible and functional to ensure safety of your gadget.
8. When you notice that there is a malfunction or there is something wrong with your iPod, go to the nearest Apple store and have it checked and fixed right away. If you still have the warranty, you can use it so they can fix your iPod for free or replace it with a brand new one.
Remember that every gadget you spend money on can be an investment for the future. Make sure to appropriately handle your electronic devices and observe proper safety measures so you can take advantage of them for a long period of time.