Destiny 2’s servers will be down for maintenance on the morning of Monday, Sept. 25, as developer Bungie prepares to release a new patch for the game, the studio announced last night.
Bungie expects it will need five to six hours to perform maintenance, after which it will push Destiny 2’s version 1.0.3 update live.
The maintenance window is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. ET, when players will no longer be allowed to sign in if they’re not already playing Destiny 2. At 10 a.m., Bungie will kick all remaining players off of the game’s servers. The studio plans to bring the game back online and release the v1.0.3 patch by 3 p.m. ET.
Bungie hasn’t yet said what will change with that update. But the studio did provide a list of Destiny 2 issues that the development team is aware of and investigating:
- Trials of the Nine was not disabled properly at this week’s ritual reset. Moving forward, players should expect this activity to be available each Friday at 10 a.m. PDT through Tuesday at 2 a.m. PDT.
- The quest step “His Highness’s Seal” is not properly incrementing when players acquire Emperor Seals.
- Occasionally, objects aren’t properly spawning within the Exodus Crash Nightfall strike. Players may need to relaunch the activity for objectives to properly spawn.
- Public event completions are not properly granting Clan XP upon completion.
- Clan Engrams are not being rewarded to some qualifying players. NOTE: If a player leaves a clan and joins a new clan mid-week, they will not be able to earn further Clan Engrams until the following weekly reset.
- If a player creates a new character after an alternate character has earned a raid key on a given week, the key will be erroneously removed from character Inventory. NOTE: Raid keys are removed, by design, with each weekly ritual reset.
After a planned four-hour maintenance window turned into seven hours of downtime during Destiny 2’s first week of release — due to extenuating circumstances — Bungie finished work on its servers well ahead of schedule the next time around. We’ll see how this week’s maintenance goes, and we’ll update this article with details on v1.0.3 when they’re available.
For more on Destiny 2, read our review and check out our extensive guide.