A new Destiny 2 update is being released today by the development team, following a lengthy period of server downtime.
While it appears that the game could be going live again ahead of schedule, all Guardians will need to to download Destiny 2’s latest patch.
The new Destiny update 1.04 tackles some of the lingering issues affecting PS4 and Xbox One players, including changes to the UI and certain items.
Bungie have also warned that some consoles may display a different name for the update than the one listed above.
Destiny 2 servers queues may also spring up after the update, during periods of high traffic, players may encounter these more often.
Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 feature separate queues. Destiny server queues regulate player population to provide stable conditions for Destiny gameplay.
Please note the following:
- If a player loses connection or is removed from the queue, their placement will not be retained
- If a player reaches the front of this queue and is unable to connect to Destiny servers, they will have to re-enter the queue to try again
- Queue times may vary, depending on server traffic and concurrent population
It should also be noted that this new Destiny 2 update will be followed by the Weekly Reset for the game, which arrives tomorrow morning.
The official Destiny 2 patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One can be found below:
220.127.116.11 The one about post launch fixes.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive Man O’ War Linear Fusion Rifle Quest Reward when they have a full weapon inventory
- Players can obtain their missing Man O’ War from Asher Mir on IO
- Fixed an issue where the Prism modifier did not persistently display the currently featured element
- Prism will now display a brief screen effect when the element changes to increase visibility
- This will also resolve an issue impacting the Momentum modifier
- Fixed an issue where a Raid object was receiving an unintended amount of damage from Wardcliff Coil
- Fixed an issue where completing a Meditation before selecting it from Ikora would hide that Meditation and prevent players from completing it receiving appropriate rewards.
- Fixed a rare memory leak that would result in a Matchmaking crash