Microsoft Silverlight enables the user to experience Rich Internet Applications within their web browsers. Although this program is quite stable but due to some technical errors the Silverlight plug-in crashes sometimes. We will discuss the solution to fix this problem at ease.
1. Reinstall Silverlight
2. Repair Silverlight Registry Entries
3. Update Internet Explorer
4. Download Latest Updates & Patches
5. Disable Tablet PC Input Service
6. Delete Browser Cache
Reinstalling the Silverlight tool may help solving corrupted program files. Reinstall it as shown below. This will fix Silverlight plug-in crash.
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Microsoft Silverlight from the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall button.
5. Follow the wizard on your screen.
Repair Silverlight Registry Entries
Silverlight plug-in crash may occur if its registry entries are corrupted. You need to take help of the Registry Cleaner feature of a System Utilities software. Keep in mind that the Windows registry stores the key information about all computer programs including Silverlight. The registry shall be free from errors in order to run programs without errors and crashes.
1. Download a System Utilities software.
2. Click Registry Cleaner tab.
3. Click Start Scan button.
4. Click Fix Now button.
Update Internet Explorer
Update the Internet Explorer to the latest version available on the Microsoft website. This may help you fixing Silverlight plug-in crash in your computer.
Download Latest Updates & Patches
Your computer might be lacking latest updates released by Microsoft. Download and install the latest updates for your operating system using Windows Update tool.
1. Click Start | All Programs.
2. Windows Update Click.
Disable Tablet PC Input Service
Running Tablet PC Input Service in the background may result in Silverlight plug-in crashes. The instructions are as follows:
1. Click Start.
2. Type Services in the Search box and press ENTER.
3. From the list of all the services that appears, select and right click the service called Tablet PC Input Service.
4. Select Stop option from the right click context menu.
5. Restart your web browser.
You can also use the Services Manager feature of System Utilities software for doing this.
Delete Browser Cache
Delete everything that your browser has stored on your computer. For example, web cache, temporary internet files, downloaded setup files, passwords and form filled data. If you want, you can use the System Cleaner feature of a System Utilities software. Silverlight plug-in crash will not occur again.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools | Delete Browsing History.
3. Mark all the check boxes and then click the Delete button.