The Pokemon GO Easter Extravaganza event started the day before Good Friday and ended a week later, bringing brand new challenges and rewards to the game.
Should you need any help on Pokemon GO that isn’t related to the Easter Extravaganza event, then make sure to head over to our complete Pokemon GO guides hub, which will give you the full run down on the easiest ways to earn XP and more.
Pokemon GO: Easter Extravaganza End Times
The Easter Extravaganza Pokemon Go event began on the day before Good Friday (April 13), and ended on April 20:
UK: 9PM (BST)
Europe: 10PM (CEST)
East Coast USA: 4PM (EST)
West Coast USA: 1PM (EST)
New Features for the Pokemon GO Easter Extravaganza
New creatures in 2KM Eggs
Increased Candy drops from all Eggs
Double XP increase, with Lucky Eggs gaining a 4x XP boost
Halves the cost of Lucky Eggs in the Pokemon GO Store
More information on all the various kinds of Eggs in Pokemon GO can be found in our guides page covering Pokemon Go Egg hatching.
Activities Impacted by the Pokemon GO Easter Extravaganza Double XP Bonus
- Capture any Pokemon – was 100XP, now 200XP
- Catch a new Pokemon – was 500XP, now 1,000XP
- Catch a Pokemon with a Curveball – was 10XP, now 20XP
- Catch a Pokemon with a Nice Throw – was 10XP, now 20XP
- Catch a Pokemon with a Great Throw – was 50XP, now 100XP
- Catch a Pokemon with an Excellent Throw – was 100XP, now 200XP
- Catch a Pokemon on the first attempt – was 50XP, now 100XP
- Pokemon runs away – was 20XP, now 40XP
- Evolving a Pokemon – was 500XP, now 1,000XP
- Evolving a new Pokemon – 1,000XP, now 2,000XP
- Hatching a 2KM Egg – was 200XP, now 400XP
- Hatching a 5KM Egg – was 500XP, now 1,000XP
- Hatching a 10KM Egg – was 1,000XP, now 2,000XP
- Interact with a PokeStop – was 50XP, now 100XP
- Daily bonus for a PokeStop – was 500XP, now 1,000XP
- Daily bonus for catching a Pokemon – was 500XP, now 1,000XP
- Winning a Gym battle vs one Pokemon – was 150XP, now 300XP
- Winning a Gym battle vs two Pokemon – was 250XP, now 500XP
- Winning a Gym battle vs three Pokemon – was 350XP, now 700XP
Bear in mind that if you use a Lucky Egg you’ll get a 4x boost for 30 minutes, so the final figures above will be doubled.
In case you’re searching for additional information on playing Pokemon GO, we have a wealth of guides pages detailing every aspect of the game, such as how to earn XP and level up faster, and how to calculate the strength of your each of your Pokemon.
Now that we’ve run over all the information you need to know about the Pokemon GO Easter Extravaganza event, you should have no problem taking advantage of all the benefits and levelling up even faster than before.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.