Have a question? Head over to to get your answer!
Replacement Xbox One Controller Buttons:
Xbox One Controller:
Xbox One Controller (Elite):
How to Open an Xbox One Controller:
How to Fix a Broken RB/LB Button on an Xbox One Controller:
In this video I will show you how to repair a broken left or right bumper on your Xbox One controller:
There is always the potential that something can break on an Xbox One Controller. One of these items that can break quite easily is the Left Bumper (LB) or Right Bumper (RB), aptly named the bumpers on the Xbox One Controller. When the bumpers on an Xbox One Controller break, it requires opening of the controller (watch my videos on how to open an Xbox One Controller here: )Once you are able to open the controller and access the buttons it is a lot easier to fix.
There are two potential ways to fix an Xbox One Bumper when it breaks. You can either buy new casing or fix your Xbox One Controller bumper by gluing the pieces back together. Depending on the condition of your button, you can go with either one.
Here is how you can repair a bumper that has broken by using Super Glue or Gorilla Glue:
What You’ll Need:
– A broken Xbox One Left Bumper (LB) or Right Bumper (RB)
– Super Glue
What You Need to do:
Step 1: Remove the broken bumper from the Xbox One Controller. Don’t know how to open a controller? Check this out:
Step 2: Remove the broken bumper piece from the Xbox One Controller
Step 3: Put super glue on top of the area where we will conect the bumper and the broken piece of the bumper
Step 4: Slowly place the broken piece of bumper on the glue
Step 5: Hold the glued piece in place for 60-90 seconds
Step 6: Place a very thin layer of clue around the outside of the cracks to secure the piece in place (see tip below – don’t put on too much!)
Step 7: Allow to try
Step 8 (optional): Test!
Tips and Tricks:
– Don’t put too much glue on the broken bumper piece as this may prevent the piece from fitting back in to the controller
– Make sure the super glue has plenty of time to dry (10-15 minutes after you hold the piece together)
– If you’re looking to get a new color controller, this is a great time to do it. You can buy tons of cool controller cases here: [link to amazon search]
– Be careful with super glue. There is a reason it is called Super Glue!
– You can test to see if your bumper is working by putting on the circuit board with the LB and RB bumpers and the front of the shell. Clip on the bumper and you should be good to go!
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to like and subscribe. Leave comments and suggestions for what other types of videos you want to see!
**All shooting and post-production performed on an iPhone 6 Plus (64gb) using iMovie for iOS**