If you’re locked out of your account, you can set up trusted contacts who can help you regain access to your account. To request help from your trusted contacts:
- Click Forgot your password? on the login page.
- If prompted, find your account by entering your email, phone, username or full name and click Search.
- Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don’t have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these?
- Enter a new email address or phone that you know you can access and click Continue.
- Click Reveal My Trusted Contacts and type the full name of one of your trusted contacts.
- You’ll see a set of instructions that includes a URL. The URL contains a special security code that only your trusted contacts can access. Call your friends and give them the URL so that they can open the link and give the security code to you.
- Use the security codes from your trusted contacts to access your account.
Please be sure to call your friends or talk to them in person when asking for the special security code. If your Facebook account was hacked, someone else could also have access to your email account.