Common problems with the Tritton AX 720 surround sound gaming headset include no volume at all being played in the headset, the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 chat microphone doesn’t work, or you hear an echo in the headset. Try resolving your problems using troubleshooting techniques before exchanging or replacing your headset, or contacting Tritton for a replacement if your headset is still under warranty.
The Tritton AX 720 headset lets you enjoy audio on your Xbox 360, PS3 or PC in crystal clear Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.
Tritton AX 720 Headset Game Volume Isn’t Working
- Make sure the game volume switch on the Tritton AX 720 headset’s volume control on the headset’s primary cable is turned up and not turned all the way down.
- Check the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 game volume settings. This can be done in the Audio settings for each of these gaming consoles. Alternatively, check that your computer’s audio isn’t muted and that the audio output to a connected headset is turned up.
- Make sure all of the audio cables feeding in to the Tritton AX 720 headset are securely connected at all points and that there are no loose connections. Also, check the cables in the line for cuts and other physical damage. If you notice cuts or physical damage, replace the cables, if possible, to see if that resolves the issue. You may have to order cables unique to your Tritton AX 720 headset through Mad Catz.
- Ensure that your computer’s volume isn’t muted and that the volume level being output through a connected headset it turned up.
Xbox Live Chat Not Working with Tritton AX 720
- Ensure the cable connecting the Tritton AX 720 surround sound headset to the Xbox 360 controller is pushed in all of the way and securely connected.
- Try wigging the headset connector plugged in to the controller. If the connector doesn’t just rotate but moves the jack on the Xbox 360 controller, the controller’s jack may be defective. Try connecting the headset to another controller and see if the Xbox Live chat works correctly. If it works correctly, the other controller is defective.
- If the chat is muted on the volume controller on the headset’s primary cable, you’ll be able to hear people in your party or in your game but they won’t be able to hear you. To resolve this, ensure the mic switch on the volume controller on the headset’s primary cable is set to MIC ON.
- The cable connecting the Tritton AX 720 headset to the controller may be defective. If possible, use a different 1/8-inch audio cable to connect the two devices. Alternatively, try using a different headset to see if it works.
- If you continue having problems with the headset’s mic, you can always contact support to see if your headset is still under warranty and if you’re eligible for a free replacement mic.
Tritton AX 720 Mic Not Working with PlayStation 3
- Updates to the PS3 can make changes to your gaming console that can affect how the Tritton AX 720 headset works. If your mic suddenly stops working, enter the Sound Settings menu and then navigate to the Optical Digital section. Check “Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch.” Also, navigate to your gaming console’s Audio Device Settings and change both of them to either “Tritton AX 720 Headset” or “C-Media USB AudioDevice.”
- Unplug the headset’s primary cable from the decoder box that came with your Tritton AX 720 surround sound headset and check the cable’s connector to make sure all of the connector’s pins are present and that none of the pins are bent or damaged in any other way.
You may hear an echo in the Tritton AX 720 surround sound headset as a result of hearing the audio other people in your party or playing in your online game have playing through a set of external speakers. Alternatively, you may have your gaming console set up to play audio through both the headset and external speakers. Navigate to your gaming console’s audio settings and elect to play the console’s audio through your headset only.