Do you have a PS3? If you do, then this might be good news for you. Just recently, a USB modchip called PS Jailbreak which is specifically intended for the PS3 has emerged. This USB modchip will definitely allow unauthorized software as well as backups to run on your PS3. The PS Jailbreak is simply a plug and play solution that can be installed in just a few seconds and since it is a USB, it keeps your warranty seal intact.
The PS Jailbreak is very easy to install and its GUI will guide you step by step. The said USB modchip is also compatible on any firmware version and allows the PS3 to run games as if it’s a debug console. Apparently, the PS Jailbreak can dump games on the internal and any external drive connected to the PS3 off the original discs.
In order to jailbreak your PS3 you need the following (1) Any FAT or SLIM PS3 Console running the firmware 3.41 above, (2) a PS3 Jailbreak Modchip, (3)an external USB drive formatted to “FAT 32” that contains the file “Backup Manager”,(4)Original disc of any PS 3 game which you intend to back-up.
To jailbreak your PS3 simply follow these simple steps:
1. Power off your console and ensure that there is no disc in its Blu Ray drive.
2. Insert the USB modchip to any USB port on the console. Then turn on the console and immediately press the “eject” button. At this point you must be able to see two LEDs turned- on as the USB loads.
note: Green light –means the China Wholesale PS Jailbreak has been successfully loaded
Red light –means that the PS Jailbreak was not loaded successfully
3. Once the console is finished booting up, plug-in the external USB storage device which has the “Backup Manager” setup to the console’s USB port.
4. Then navigate the “Game Menu” and select the option “Install Package Files” then select the “manager.pkg” file in order to basically install the “Backup Manager” application
5. Scroll all the way down to the “Game Menu” and run the “Back up Manager” application
6. Insert the game you want to back up in the console’s optical drive, then press “O”. Then choose where you want the backup to be located, whether on the internal HDD or an external storage connected via USB.
7. To play a game via the backup you’ve created, insert any original game disc in your console, run “Backup Manager” then press X to play.
8. Now you will be taken back to the Games Menu. Now you can play the game without having the disc in the console drive. Check out the demo clip below!
Few days ago we reported about a new USB Modchip called PS Jailbreak for PlayStation 3 which enables you to dump games off original discs on the internal or any external drive connected to PS3. Spanish site Elotrolado has a full blown review, along with instructions on how you can use it to create backups of your PS3 games. This of course proves that PS Jailbreak works for real !
Follow the complete step by step guide posted below to jailbreak your PlayStation 3 to enable you to create backups of original discs.
Pre-requisites are as follows:
- Any (FAT or SLIM) PlayStation 3 Console running firmware
3.41 or above.
- PS Jailbreak USB Modchip (Can be easily purchased from www.Chinaechos.com
- An external USB drive formatted to FAT32 with the “Backup Manager” file on it which you can download from here.
- Original disc of any PS3 game which you want to backup.
Step 1: Power off your console and make sure that there isn’t any disc in the Blu-ray drive.
For the SLIM Model: Remove the power chord before plugging in the USB.
For the FAT model: Turn off the power switch found at the backside of the console.
Step 2: Now insert the USB based PS Jailbreak Modchip to any USB port of your choice on the console. Once the USB is in place, Power ON the console and immediately press the “Eject” button. There should now be two LEDs turned-on on the USB as the console is loading.
If the LED light on the USB turns green, you are good to go as the PS Jailbreak has been successfully loaded.
If the LED turns red, then it means that the PS Jailbreak Modchip didn’t load successfully. This usually happens when the Power and Eject button sequence wasn’t performed properly. Start from Step 1 again if you end up having the red light.
Step 3: Once the console has finished booting up with the PS Jailbreak Modchip, plug-in the external USB storage device which has the “Backup Manager” setup to the console’s USB port.
Step 4: Now navigate to the “Game Menu” and select the option “Install Package Files” and then select “manager.pkg” file. This will basically install the “Backup Manager” application that you download earlier to your hard drive.
Step 5: When the “manager.pkg” file is done loading, scroll all the way down in the “Game Menu” and there you should see a new application called “Backup Manager”, run it.
Step 6: Now we’re in the Backup Manager app. Insert the game in the console’s optical drive which you want to backup. Press “O” and you will be asked where to make the backup, on the internal HDD or the external storage source connected via USB. This process is further elaborated by the following screenshots.
Step 7: In order to play a game via the backup you just made, insert any original game disc into your console (To emulate the loading process), run “Backup Manager” in the “Game Menu”. Press “X” to play the selected backup game.
Step 8: Now you will be taken back to the main menu. In the “Game Menu” you will see the game which you have backed up. Now you can select the game, and run it without having the disc in the console’s drive.
Oh and you must make sure that the PS Jailbreak USB Modchip is connected to your console at all the times when you are playing the games via backups.