Just under a year ago, Square Enix released a Remaster for one of their best RPGs, Final Fantasy XII in the form of The Zodiac Age. The release was, at the time, exclusive to PlayStation 4, though the game lacked the “Only on PlayStation 4” label that generally comes with exclusives; usually, a good sign that the game will eventually land on another platform.
That time has officially come as Square Enix has officially announced that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be joining the ever-growing library of Final Fantasy games on Steam. The game will come with all of the additions and enhancements that the PS4 version did, but will also be getting a few features of its own.
Here’s a breakdown of them courtesy of an official press release.
- 60 FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60 FPS.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
The Steam version of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will retail for $49.99 and come with a 20% launch discount. Mega fans of the game with a little extra cash can plop down $150 for the Collector’s Edition, which is only being sold on the Square Enix Store. Pre-orders for the Collector’s Edition are open now, and you can check it out here.
Here’s a look at what comes in the Collector’s Edition.
Pre-orders for the standard Steam version are not yet open, however, but you can get a look at the store page here. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age releases on PC on February 1st, 2018.