Businesses of all types and sizes can greatly benefit from social networking sites in many ways. Small businesses to large businesses alike are looking for ways to work social networking into their business plan and marketing plans.
Social networking has been growing in popularity on the Web for several years now. In recent years, businesses have begun to see how much it can benefit them as well. If you’re not currently using social networking for your business, or if you’re using it incorrectly, you could be missing out on a lot.
Here are some of the main benefits you can see upfront:
– Builds credibility and trust: When people see you on a social networking site with a real account and a real person posting to it, this boosts your credibility as a company or business. People will be more likely to trust you and your product when they see that you are a “real” person and actively participating on a site.
– Lower cost/free advertising: You can advertise your business for free or at lower costs when you make full use of social networking sites. The most important thing to remember with this technique is to avoid being spammy or appearing to automate your tasks, posts and activities within those social networking sites. Some sites will ban you if they think you are automated activities and even on those who do not, you will find the members of the site tend to shun people who do this. Spam in any affect is usually an automatic ban and it will definitely cause members to block you and report you.
– Create an online presence: This is one of the fastest and easiest ways to create an online presence for your business. If you create profiles on the leading social networking sites and then post valuable content to those sites that is of interest to other members, you will see your fans/friends/followers grow.
– Boost and advertise a new business: This is also a great way to promote a new business or a new product or service from an existing business.
– Stay in contact with customers: You can use this as a method of staying in contact with your customers. They will be happy to see that you are readily available on a platform that they already enjoy using. Just be sure you remember to have the account checked often so messages don’t go without a response.
– Send instant updates: You can also send out instant messages about your website, business, promotions, sales or other events that concern your business or the customers that you have or hope to have.
– Find employees or business partners: With social networking sites, you can seek out new employees, business partners and more. You can send out messages to notify people you are hiring or accepting applications and you can use these social networking sites to seek out employees.
As you can see, there are many benefits of social networking sites to business. There are also several different social networking sites to choose from so it may seem hard to decide which are best for your business, especially if you’ve never used them before.
Some to consider for businesses are: